- I can discuss individual interests related to careers in digital design.
- I can explore secondary and post-secondary educational opportunities.
- I can explore career opportunities.
In Landa’s (2019) textbook, Graphic Design Solutions, she outlines thirteen different disciplines that designers specialize in. These disciplines include identity design, corporate design, editorial design, environmental design, illustration, information design, experience design, mobile design, motion design, package design, promotional design, and typographic design. Start the assignment by reviewing Chapter 1 in the textbook to learn more about each design discipline.
In this activity, you will research three different design disciplines and build a PowerPoint presentation to showcase your findings. For each design discipline, provide the following information:
- A description of the design discipline
- Examples of the work designers create in the discipline
- College programs or Training programs to gain entry to the discipline (where can you go to school?)
- Potential career opportunities for the discipline (are there any job openings?)
Program: Microsoft PowerPoint
Slide Count: At least 13, one cover and 4 content slides for each design discipline
Design Constraints: There are no constraints, please try to make a professional-level presentation with the appropriate amount of text and graphics.